How Do We Collect Personal Information?
Many areas of our website can be visited without submitting any personally identifiable information.
We collect personally identification information from You that You provide to us when You:
- Respond to a survey.
- Request materials from us.
- Fill out a form.
- Engage in other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site that request Your information.
The information that You provide and We collect may include Your:
- Contact information, such as
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Other personal information You provide to Us
How Do We Use This Information?
- To provide services to You
- We use the information You provide to Us to provide the services You have requested.
- To improve customer service
- Information You provide helps us respond to Your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve User experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
- We may use feedback You provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to User inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- For the purposes specified at the time of collection
- There may be other purposes that are specified when the information is collected
- To provide services to You
- As content on the Site, when uploaded by You or with Your permission
- We may permit You to upload pictures or comments to the Site.
- As otherwise required or permitted by law
- There may be times when the law permits or requires Us to use information for other purposes.
Certain information that is provided to the Site may not be private, and You may be required to provide certain information to access certain areas of the Site. Please consider carefully the information that You choose to post for public viewing on the Site, and the information you share with us through the Contact Us form. Do not share sensitive health information through the Contact Us form.
Most areas of the Site can be viewed by the general public. We have no control over, and disclaim responsibility or liability for, how other Users may respond to, use or misuse the content that You post for public viewing on this Site, or for any actions taken by other Users related to content that You post on the Site.
How Can You Correct This Information?
- You can send an email to Us asking that information be corrected.
What Information is Automatically Collected?
We collect certain information automatically, including:
- The IP address of the computer You are using;
- The browser name and the type of computer You are using;
- Technical information about Your computer? such as the operating system and the Internet service providers You are using, and other similar information.
This information is not considered personally identifiably unless it is combined with contact information, account information, or other information that is unique to You. We only combine automatically collected data with identification data if it is necessary to do so to complete a task You have asked us to perform (for example, to troubleshoot a problem You are having with the Site) or if We tell You (for example, if You fill out a form the tells You it will be matched with automatically collected data).
Device Identifiers and Other Tracking
Google Analytics Notice
We use Google Analytics, which uses the UDID to analyze traffic on the Site. For instance, Google Analytics tells us how many people have used the Site, how they move through the Site, and how long they spend on each area of the Site. We typically do not connect this analytical information with identifiable information like name or phone number, although the analytics may associate information with a geographic location, or device identifier.
Users agree that their anonymized information may be used by Us to perform services or run Our business. We will not re-identify anonymized data.
California Do Not Track Notice
Many internet browsers have “Do Not Track” features which, when turned on, send a signal (the “DNT signal”) to the websites a user visits that indicates the use does not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret DNT signals, and there is no common definition of “tracking”, we do not currently respond to DNT signals on the Site. We do not engage in targeted behavioral advertising.
Your California “Shine the Light” Privacy Rights
Upon Your request, submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, We will advise You of any categories of personal information that We disclose to third parties, and (to the extent We know) whether those third parties use that information for their direct marketing purposes. If We provide Your personal information to a third party, We do not allow that third party to use that information for marketing their services, unless You have consented to that use.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We use reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. However, it is impossible to guarantee security of any website, or of data transmitted over the Internet. While we seek to protect information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information You provide through the Site.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We do not sell, trade, or rent Your personal identification information to others.
We may share information about visitors to the Site:
- With our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers to help provide services that are described above.
- With third party service providers that help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys, if You have agreed to receive them.
- With companies that provide services to us, such as website hosting services or credit card processing services.
- With companies that are disclosed to You at the time You provide the Information.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not endorse the products of those companies, do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
The Site is intended to be used by individuals over the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If We become aware that We have collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age, We will promptly remove such information. If You believe We have collected information from Your child, please notify us through “Contact Us.”
Access from Outside the United States?
Acceptance of Policy
We collect and use information as reasonably necessary to fulfill requests by Users, to operate Our business, and to comply with law. By using this Site, You signify Your acceptance of this policy. If You do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed Your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on November 5th, 2020